- TopSeller: 100 mW at 405 nm
- Customized wavelengths 375 - 515 nm
- Enables repeatable, high-resolution measurements
- Easy OEM integration
Easy OEM Integration
- Compact, space-saving
- Passive air cooling: No vibrations
- Flexible control via the CHARM controller (push-button), computer GUI or direct ASCII commands
Adding precision to your metrology
TOPTICA’s TopMode lasers operate as easily as a HeNe, but also offer higher power and the choice of wavelength. The TopMode series sets records in terms of power, coherence and wavelength stability. The proprietary CoHerence-Advanced Regulation Method (CHARM) provides an active stabilization of the lasers’ coherence and ensures continuous single-frequency operation. TopMode and CHARM means nothing less than reliable 24/7 operation.
The short wavelengths provided by our TopMode lasers are particularly well-suited to Raman spectroscopy of inorganic materials, for which no fluorescence obscures the Raman signal. Raman intensity depends on the excitation wavelength by a factor 1/λ4 . TopMode lasers at 405 nm allow strong Raman signals that remain detectable by Si-based detectors.
In digital holography, the topography of a surface is measured by recording an interference pattern using several, carefully selected wavelengths. The separation between laser wavelengths, e.g. λ1 and λ2, provides a “Synthetic wavelength” defined by ∧ = λ1⋅λ2 / | λ1-λ2 |, which determines the maximum height that can be measured. We can provide TopMode lasers with wavelengths customized to your application.
Model TopMode 405 Operation cw, single (fixed) frequency Wavelength 405 nm Wavelength tolerance ± 2 nm Wavelength selection upon request, accuracy +/- 0.25 nm Wavelength tuning No Wavelength stability* < 1 pm/h (< 0.5 pm/h typ.), peak-peak Linewidth < 5 MHz (< 0.01 pm) Coherence length > 25 m ASE suppression 40 dB typ. Output power, free-space 50 mW, (100 mW**) Output power, fiber-coupled 25 mW, (50 mW**)
Fiber coupling - SmartDock
The SmartDock works with both single-mode and polarization-maintaining fibers. The coupling efficiency is >50%. Both single-mode and polarization-maintaining fibers can be connected to the SmartDock.
- Highest single-mode coupling efficiency
- Exceptional stability, even under varying ambient conditions
- Patented flexure hinge design (US 7,321,706, EP 1,666,944).
- Simple, straight-forward alignment
- High resolution Raman spectroscopy
- Digital holography
- Precision metrology
- Interferometry and holography
- Quantum cryptography
- Photonic down-conversion
- Article: Ulrich Eismann Direct and frequency-converted diode lasers provide all wavelengths for holography, Laser Focus World (2018)