- Up to two lasers in TA pro, BoosTA pro or DL/DFB pro configuration
- Spectral coverage 369 .. 1770 nm with powers up to 2 W from PM fiber
- Includes AutoAlign for coupling into tapered amplifier and output fibers
- Low noise and drift, narrow linewidth
- Digital control via DLC pro for best performance and convenience
The MTA pro combines up to two MTA TA pro amplified laser systems into a 19” sub-rack and seamlessly integrates into the T-RACK or other suitable 19” racks. The modular design also enables integration of MTA BoosTA pro amplifier only modules or DL/DFB pro laser modules. MTA pro integration of the latter may help to avoid an extra MDL pro and comes with additional features and options.
Like all building blocks of TOPTICA’s Laser Rack Systems, the MTA pro is designed to clear optical tables and to stow away lasers into a 19" form factor. It is ideally suited for integration into TOPTICA Laser Rack Systems that allow researchers to focus on their experiment rather than on their laser system.
When operated in TOPTICA’s T-RACK, the MTA pro has the same optical specifications as a fiber-coupled TA pro system. On top of that, it always includes AutoAlign, a fully-automated push-button coupling optimization into the tapered amplifier and the optical output fibers. Moreover, MTA pro supports output power stabilization.
The MTA pro modular laser unit features a full-extension pull-out mechanism and dynamic cable management, both ensuring easy access to the laser modules. Moreover, it offers passive vibration isolation decoupling the lasers from the environment. The unit consumes a total of 4 Rack Units (RU) in height, including an extra 1 RU blanking front panel recommended for thermal isolation between laser units. Optical output is fiber-coupled allowing for flexible laser light delivery wherever required.
The MTA pro laser modules are controlled with TOPTICA’s DLC pro. Its digital architecture enables low-noise laser operation, intelligent locking functions and remote control via Ethernet.
DLC MTA pro
Modular Laser Unit
Includes TA pro AL laser head which is passively vibration isolated against the modular laser base Integrated modules Up to 2 modules of configuration MTA TA pro (HP/DFB/DFB HP), MTA BoosTA pro (HP), MTA DL pro (HP) or MTA DFB pro Dimensions laser unit Height: 4 RU (including 1-RU blanking front panel), Width: 19“, Depth: 722 mm Weight < 30 kg (MTA pro laser unit), < 8.5 kg (DLC pro control unit) Power consumption < 200 W Environment temperature 15 - 30° C (operation), 0 - 40° C (storage and transport) Environment humidity Non condensing MTA module MTA TA pro MTA BoosTA pro MTA DL pro (HP) MTA DFB pro Wavelength range [nm] 660 - 1540 * 369 .. 1770* 633 .. 1770* Power ex fiber [mW] Up to 2000 6 .. 220 1 .. 80 Typical tuning range [nm] 10 .. 50 2 .. 6 Mode-hop-free tuning [GHz] 20 - 50 depends on seed laser typ. ≥ 20 Up to 1400 Linewidth (typ., 5µs) 10 .. 500 kHz (DL pro master),
0.2 .. 4 MHz (DFB/DBR master)
depends on seed laser 10 .. 300 kHz (DL pro master) 200 .. 4000 kHz
- Narrow linewidth and motorization option for many DL pro type (seed) lasers.
- Lock Option for DLC pro: Software license that enables a number of features on a specific DLC pro. These allow to control the frequency of a laser for example by using a saturated absorption spectroscopy setup with a reference cell.
- PDH/DLC pro and FALC pro locking modules for DLC pro: high bandwidth locking to allow active linewidth narrowing and phase locking.
- Atom and Ion Cooling and Trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & Degenerate Fermi Gases
- Rydberg Excitation (Rydberg Flyer for complete laser solutions)
- Optical Clocks
- Quantum Optics
Laser Rack Systems
- T-RACK Laser Rack for 19'' TOPTICA Modular Systems and Units
- MDL pro Modular Tunable Single-Mode Diode Laser System
- MSHG pro Modular Frequency-Doubled Tunable Laser System
- MDFC Modular Difference Frequency Comb
- MOM Modular Opto-Mechanics Breadboard Unit
- Tunable diode lasers: CTL, DL pro, DFB pro
- Amplified diode lasers: TA pro, BoosTA pro
- High-power frequency converted lasers: DL-SHG pro, TA-SHG pro, TA-FHG pro