- Highly-stable resonant frequency-doubling stage
- Spectral coverage 330 .. 780 nm with power up to 2 W from PM fiber
- Includes AutoAlign for coupling into amplifier chip, doubling stage and output fiber
- Low noise and drift, narrow linewidth < 500 kHz
- Digital control via DLC pro for best performance and convenience
The MSHG pro is the 19” rack-mountable version of the SHG pro and it seamlessly integrates into TOPTICA’s T-RACK or other suitable 19” racks. The MSHG pro laser head includes a tunable diode laser, a high-power semiconductor amplifier and an integrated frequency-doubling (SHG) stage. The SHG stage is a folded ring cavity in bow-tie configuration with excellent thermal and mechanical stability. On request, it is also available with a fiber (FA) or Raman fiber (RFA) amplifier.
Like all building blocks of TOPTICA’s Laser Rack Systems, the MSHG pro is designed to clear optical tables and to stow away lasers into a 19" form factor. It is ideally suited for integration into TOPTICA Laser Rack Systems that allow researchers to focus on their experiment rather than on their laser system. It provides tunable laser radiation for spectroscopy, holography and interferometry as well as for Quantum Technology research and applications.
When operated in TOPTICA’s T-RACK, the MSHG pro has the same optical specifications as a fiber-coupled SHG pro system. The system includes fully-automated push-button coupling optimization AutoAlign into amplifier chip, SHG cavity and output fiber. Moreover, MSHG pro supports output power stabilization.
The MSHG pro modular laser unit features a full-extension pull-out mechanism and dynamic cable management, both ensuring easy access to the laser modules. Moreover, it offers passive vibration isolation decoupling the lasers from the environment. The unit consumes a total of 4 Rack Units (RU) in height, including an extra 1 RU blanking front panel recommended for thermal isolation between laser units. Optical output is fiber-delivered allowing for flexible laser light delivery wherever required.
The MSHG pro laser head is controlled with TOPTICA’s DLC pro. Its digital architecture enables low-noise laser operation, intelligent locking functions and remote control via Ethernet.
The MSHG pro may be included in a T-RACK and therefore be part of a complete Laser Rack System. In this case, one takes full advantage of the integrated rack solution. The MSHG pro may also be purchased for mounting in a standard 19” rack by the customer. Please inquire about requirements for mounting MSHG pro. Space requirements in the rack vary depending on the specific configuration. One unobstructed height unit has to be added below each module (MSHG pro, DLC pro) for proper thermal management. For details on rack requirements please contact TOPTICA. Finally, the MSHG pro may also be used as a table-top solution consisting of the laser head and one DLC pro subrack.
Wavelength range 330 .. 680 nm (with semiconductor amplifier),
510 .. 780 nm (on request with fiber amplifier)
Linewidth (typ., 5 μs) 10 .. 300 kHz (DL pro master), 200 .. 4000 kHz (DFB/DBR master) Seed laser DL pro, DL DFB Amplifier Semiconductor amplifier (TA), on request: Fiber amplifier (FA) or Raman fiber amplifier (RFA) Doubling stage Folded ring cavity in bow-tie configuration Coarse tuning 2 .. 20 nm
- Additional Information
- Atom optics: Laser cooling & trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & degenerate Fermi gases
- Ion laser cooling & trapping
- Quantum information
- Metrology (frequency, acceleration, rotation, fundamental constants)
- Spectroscopy (atoms, molecules, quantum dots, trace NV centers)
- Optical pumping & EIT
- Laser magnetic field measurement
- LIDAR seeding
- Interferometry & holography
- Rydberg Excitation (Rydberg Flyer for complete laser solutions)
- Optical Clocks
- Article: Ulrich Eismann Direct and frequency-converted diode lasers provide all wavelengths for holography, Laser Focus World (2018), German version, Chinese version, Japanese version
- Article: Active and passive stabilization of a high-power UV frequency-doubled diode laser, CLEO, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2016)
- Article: Short, shorter, shortest: Diode lasers in the deep ultraviolet, Laser Focus World, June 2016
- Article: Kurz, kürzer, am kürzesten, Best of (2015)
- Article: More colors! Diode lasers reach Yellow and Orange, Physics' Best (2013)
- Article: Frequenzkonvertierte cw-Lasersysteme für Forschung und Industrie, Physik Journal (2007)
- Application Note: Phase and Frequency Locking of Diode Lasers
Laser Rack Systems
- T-RACK Laser Rack for 19'' TOPTICA Modular Systems and Units
- MDL pro Modular Tunable Single-Mode Diode Laser System
- MTA pro Modular Amplified Tunable Single-Mode Laser System
- MDFC Modular Difference Frequency Comb
- MOM Modular Opto-Mechanics Breadboard Unit
- Tunable diode lasers: CTL, DL pro, DFB pro
- Amplified diode lasers: TA pro, BoosTA pro
- High-power frequency converted lasers: DL-SHG pro, TA-SHG pro, TA-FHG pro
- Resonant doubling stage: SHG pro
- UV/RGB solutions
- SodiumStar: 20 W guide star laser system