High-Power Tapered Laser Amplifier
- Up to 4 W single mode output power, gain up to 20 dB
- Available wavelengths 660 nm .. 1495 nm
- Compact amplifier module with stand alone driver
- Maintains spectral properties of master oscillator
- Input and output fiber coupling available
The BoosTA pro, TOPTICA’s new stand-alone optical amplifier, increases the output power of a DL pro or any other linearly polarized master laser by up to 20 dB (x100). Following TOPTICA’s well-established pro-technology, the TA chip is mounted in a compact unit with optimized heat management and beam-shaping optics. A compact, external power supply (DC HP) drives the amplifier head and allows effortless operation - even of current-hungry TA chips at wavelengths with lower gain. Researchers thus benefit from output power levels up to 3.5 W.
The BoosTA pro head includes a high-bandwidth current modulation board, which – when used in a closed feedback loop – allows compensating power fluctuations of the master laser by adjusting the amplifier gain. The board also features a protective circuit to avoid the risk of electronic chip damage. The beam management of the seed laser can be greatly simplified by optional fiber input coupling. Other options are optical isolators and fiber output coupling. The BoosTA pro head has sufficient space for a 60 dB isolator to protect the TA chip from back reflections.
General Specification TOP-Seller (not configurable) SYST BoosTA pro 670 765 780 795 850 Wavelength range (nm) 660 .. 1495 nm* 660 - 675 760 - 775 765 - 795 780 - 800 845 - 870 Max. output power (W) 0.5 .. 4 W 0.5 3 4 3.5 3 Beam quality M² < 1.5 (< 2 for some higher power chips) < 1.5 < 2.5 < 2 < 2 < 2
- Additional Information
Optical Isolation Single Stage Isolators are used to protect the laser diode from back reflections. Fiber coupling with angle polished fibers (both ends) requires at least a single stage isolator. Optical Isolation Double Stage Double stage isolators are needed if reflections from the experiment into the laser are expected. Fiber coupling with non-angle polished fibers also requires a double stage isolator. FiberDock TOPTICA's patented fiber coupler provides highest single-mode fiber coupling efficiencies, easy alignment and at the same time highest stability. TOPTICA additionally offers a wide range of single-mode and polarization maintaining fibers, including fiber-optic beam splitters. Optical isolation is mandatory for fiber coupled diode laser systems.
- Atom and Ion cooling and trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & degenerate Fermi gases
- Quantum Optics
- Application Note: Trapping and quantum computing
- BoosTA: Economic stand-alone tapered amplifier system
- TA pro: Integrated MOPA solution – ultra stable and easy to use with the highest powers available
- DL pro: pro series ECDL with four standard wavelengths with exceptional AR coated laser diodes
- CTL: Continuously tunable diode laser
- DFB pro: Diode laser with few-nanometer mode-hop free tuning and broader linewidth
- Frequency converted diode lasers for all other wavelengths
- AR, FP, and DFB Laser Diodes
- Numerous Photonicals, tools and helpful equipment for working with lasers, for example Fabry-Perot Interferometers