- For integration in the T-RACK or in a 19” standard rack
- Resonant frequency doubling stage
- Wavelengths: 330 .. 780 nm, linewidth < 500 kHz
- Light provided by single-mode PM fibers
- With digital control DLC pro: Less drift & linewidth
The MSHG pro system, part of the UV / RGB solutions, comprises a tunable diode laser (DL pro), a high power semiconductor amplifier (TA pro) and an integrated frequency doubling stage (SHG pro). Alternatively, it is available with a fiber (FA) or Raman fiber (RFA) amplifier.
The MSHG pro laser head is the 3U 19” subrack mounted version of the TA-SHG pro head. Such, it allows for quick integration in new and existing setups. Furthermore, it enables transportability and more compact lab setups for the next generation of Quantum Technologies experiments. Please see Laser Rack Systems for the complete product family and T-RACK for a suitable rack.
The SHG stage is a folded ring cavity in bow-tie configuration with excellent thermal and mechanical stability. The system includes fully-automated push-button coupling optimization AutoAlign into the TA chip, the SHG cavity and the output fiber, as well as output power stabilization. It provides tunable laser radiation for spectroscopy, laser cooling, holography and interferometry.
The system achieves the same ultimate performance as TOPTICA's established TA-SHG pro: Unprecedented passive stability, unique locking solutions, and narrow linewidth. Each output is fiber-coupled (using FiberDock) independently to allow for flexible access. A drawer slide design enables easy service.
The laser is controlled with TOPTICA's DLC pro. With a touch screen, knobs and buttons this 3U laser controller enables a unique user convenience, combined with a low-noise operation and intelligent locking functions due to its digital architecture. It also enables a remote control of the integrated laser modules.
The MSHG pro may be included in a T-RACK and therefore be part of a complete Laser Rack System. In this case, one takes full advantage of the integrated rack solution. The MSHG pro may also be purchased for mounting in a standard 19” rack by the customer. Please inquire about requirements for mounting MSHG pro. Space requirements in the rack vary depending on the specific configuration. One unobstructed height unit has to be added below each module (MSHG pro, DLC pro) for proper thermal management. For details on rack requirements please contact TOPTICA. Finally, the MSHG pro may also be used as a table-top solution consisting of the laser head and one DLC pro subrack.
Wavelength range * 330 .. 680 nm (with semiconductor amplifier)
510 .. 780 nm (with fiber amplifier)
Seed laser DL pro, DL DFB Amplifier Semiconductor amplifier (TA pro), fiber amplifier (FA) or Raman fiber amplifier (RFA) Doubling stage SHG pro Coarse tuning 2 .. 20 nm
- Atom optics: Laser cooling & trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & degenerate Fermi gases
- Ion laser cooling & trapping
- Quantum information
- Metrology (frequency, acceleration, rotation, fundamental constants)
- Spectroscopy (atoms, molecules, quantum dots, trace NV centers)
- Optical pumping & EIT
- Laser magnetic field measurement
- LIDAR seeding
- Interferometry & holography
- Rydberg Excitation (Rydberg Flyer for complete laser solutions)
- Optical Clocks
- Article: Ulrich Eismann Direct and frequency-converted diode lasers provide all wavelengths for holography, Laser Focus World (2018), German version, Chinese version, Japanese version
- Article: Active and passive stabilization of a high-power UV frequency-doubled diode laser, CLEO, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2016)
- Article: Short, shorter, shortest: Diode lasers in the deep ultraviolet, Laser Focus World, June 2016
- Article: Kurz, kürzer, am kürzesten, Best of (2015)
- Article: More colors! Diode lasers reach Yellow and Orange, Physics' Best (2013)
- Article: Frequenzkonvertierte cw-Lasersysteme für Forschung und Industrie, Physik Journal (2007)
Laser Rack Systems
- T-RACK Laser Rack System
- MDL pro Modular Tunable Single-Mode Diode Laser System
- MTA pro Modular Amplified Tunable Single-Mode Laser System
- MDFC Modular Difference Frequency Comb
- MOM Modular Opto-Mechanics Breadboard Unit
- Tunable diode lasers: CTL, DL pro, DFB pro
- Amplified diode lasers: TA pro, BoosTA pro
- High-power frequency converted lasers: DL-SHG pro, TA-SHG pro, TA-FHG pro
- Resonant doubling stage: SHG pro
- UV/RGB solutions
- SodiumStar: 20 W guide star laser system