FINE (feedback induced noise eraser)
Reduces power instabilities of diode lasers
- Elimination of feedback induced power instabilities
- Intensity noise reduction
- Purely electronic feature - no additional hardware such as optical isolators necessary
- Push of a button functionality
- Integrated in all iBeam smart diode lasers
Power instabilities and high noise levels are common, when there is a tendency for optical feedback in the set-up (e.g. back reflections from fiber end-facets or from highly reflective samples). The Feedback Induced Noise Eraser (FINE) of TOPTICA's iBeam smart lasers eliminates this problem. A simple push of a button makes these lasers ultra-stable against optical feedback. Customers save time and costs, by making re-alignment and optical isolators unnecessary.