- 1.45 - 4.0 µm (2500 - 6900 cm-1)
- Narrow linewidth: 2 MHz (1·10-4 cm-1)
- Hands-free motorized tuning
- 300 GHz (10 cm-1) mode-hop-free tuning range
- Easy all-digital DLC pro control
MIR spectroscopy has never been easier. The powerful TOPO delivers wide tunability, narrow linewidth, and convenient hands-free digital control. There are no modules to exchange and no adjustments to be made by hand as the system tunes over its full range. A wide mode hop-free tuning range up to 300 GHz (10 cm-1) with a narrow linewidth (2 MHz, 1·10-4 cm-1) enables visibility of full spectroscopic signatures. Beyond the mode hop-free tuning range, the digital control enables simple stitching of multiple mode hop-free ranges for wide continuous spectroscopy
Ease of use and reliable performance make this CW OPO the right choice for challenging applications: The TOPO can be applied to spectroscopy of molecular stretch vibrations for combustion analysis, trace gas detection, and ultracold molecular quantum technology. Its narrow linewidth and stability combined with TOPTICA’s locking electronics make it an ideal source for sensitive techniques like cavity ring-down spectroscopy and NICE-OHMS. In recent years, mid-infrared photonics devices have emerged as new platforms for gas detection, nonlinear frequency conversion, and mid-infrared frequency comb generation. The TOPO’s wide continuous tuning in the mid-infrared makes it easy to characterize such devices, and the same tools used for locking the TOPO to macroscopic cavities can be applied to integrated photonic cavities also. The TOPO can also be the backbone tool of a lab characterizing mid-infrared optical components and metamaterials.
The revolutionary TOPO by TOPTICA stands alone as the only fully automated, continuous-wave, singly-resonant optical parametric oscillator laser source on the market. High resolution spectroscopy across 1.45 – 4.0 µm (2500 – 6900 cm-1) has never been easier.
TOPTICA's OPO laser system won the Prism Awards 2019 for scientific lasers at Photonics West!
DLC TOPO Signal Idler Coarse tuning range* 1.45 - 2.07 µm 2.19 - 4.00 µm 2500 - 4570 cm-1 (idler), 4830 - 6900 cm-1 (signal) Output Power** 2 W 1 W Linewidth < 100 kHz 2 MHz <1x10-4 cm-1 Mode hop free tuning range*** < 1 GHz Up to 300 GHz**** Up to 10 cm-1 (idler) Beam Quality Factor M2** < 1.2 < 1.2 Frequency modulation and lock PZT modulation PZT modulation, Pump frequency modulation Control interfaces DLC pro touchscreen, PC software, Ethernet, USB, analog remote control Warm-up time 30 min. typ. Dimensions seed laser head (H x W x D) 55 x 130 x 165 mm Dimensions OPO head (H x W x D) 150 x 240 x 465 mm Dimensions fiber amplifier (H x W x D) 133 x 482 x 438 mm Dimensions control unit (H x W x D) 154 x 450 x 348 mm Power consumption Typ. < 250 W PC Interface Ethernet, USB, analog control Environment temperature 15 - 30 °C (operating), 0 - 40 °C (storage and transport) Environment humidity non-condensing
* Course tuning is established by full automatic crystal shifting and temperature control. No optics exchange necessary
** Specifications valid 1.53 - 2 µm, 2.2 - 3.6 µm
*** Fine tuning is established via pump tuning (idler) and PZT tuning (signal and idler)
**** 30 GHz - 300 GHz, depending on output wavelength
- Additional Information
The optical spectrum of the idler output is a convolution of the seed laser and signal spectra. The standard TOPO uses the DLC DFB pro as its seed, with 2 MHz linewidth. An alternate seed option is the DLC CTL 1050, which has < 10 kHz linewidth. This results in an idler linewidth of < 100 kHz. Fiber Coupling
TOPTICA’s patented fiber coupler provides highest single-mode fiber-coupling efficiencies, easy alignment and at the same time highest stability. With this option, fiber coupling is added TOPO signal and idler probe outputs for convenient power and wavelength monitoring. TOPTICA additionally offers a wide range of single-mode and polarization-maintaining fibers, including fiber-optic beam splitters. Laser Locking Electronics A broad variety of electronic locking modules is available for frequency stabilization.
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Quantum Optics
- Materials Testing
- Physical Chemistry
- Article: High-resolution, broadly-tunable mid-IR spectroscopy using a continuous wave optical parametric oscillator, Optical Express (2021)
- Whitepaper:Enabling high-resolution spectroscopy over the molecular stretch region, 2020
- Poster: David Foote Broadly-tunable, High-resolution Mid-IR Spectroscopy, CLEO 2020
- Article: Ulrich Eismann Direct and frequency-converted diode lasers provide all wavelengths for holography, Laser Focus World (2018), German version, Chinese version, Japanese version, French version
- Article: R. Kirner et al., Mask-aligner lithography using a continuous-wave diode laser frequency-quadrupled to 193 nm, Optics Express (2018)
- Article: Active and passive stabilization of a high-power UV frequency-doubled diode laser, CLEO, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2016)
- Article: Short, shorter, shortest: Diode lasers in the deep ultraviolet, Laser Focus World, June 2016
- Article: Kurz, kürzer, am kürzesten, Best of (2015)
- Article: More colors! Diode lasers reach Yellow and Orange, Physics' Best (2013)
- Article: Frequenzkonvertierte cw-Lasersysteme für Forschung und Industrie, Physik Journal (2007)
- Application Note : Phase and Frequency Locking of Diode Lasers
- Related Products