- Four colors in one compact box
- 405, 488, 561, 640 nm with > 20 mW each
- COOLAC automatic alignment
- Unique modulation capabilities
- Complete off on all wavelength
TOPTICA's iChrome CLE is a compact laser engine that combines four laser lines in one box. All integrated colors are provided via one polarization-maintaining single-mode fiber. It is available with 405, 488, 561 and 640 nm and up to 20 mW guaranteed output power after the fiber for each laser line. The system guarantees a plug & play installation since it includes TOPTICA's proprietary COOLAC automatic alignment technology.
This way the laser combiner system is ready-to-use after one simple click of a button. 561 nm laser light is generated by TOPTICA´s proprietary FDDL (Frequency Doubled Diode Laser) technology. Each laser line, including the 561nm FDDL, can be directly modulated up to a frequency of 1 MHz and TOPTICA's "Complete OFF" mechanism guarantees zero photons in the "off"-state.
The iChrome CLE is designed and optimized for confocal scanning microscopy or other microscopy techniques requiring laser modulation. Modulation behavior is thoroughly tested at TOPTICA, to guarantee best performance at the customer’s site. Of course the unit is equally suited for other imaging techniques, which do not require modulation, but do work with the specified power levels.
Wavelength 405 nm 488 nm 561 nm 640 nm Center Wavelength Range ± 4 nm ± 4 nm ± 2 nm +3 / -5 nm Fiber Coupled cw Output Power 20 mW 20 mW 20 mW 20 mW
- Additional Information
- COOLAC: Constant Optical Output Level by push-button auto-recalibration. This feature ensures full drop-shipment capability and best stability even under heavily changing ambient conditions
- FINE: Feedback Induced Noise Eraser for laser diode based wavelengths. Immunization to optical feedback, ideal for fiber coupling and reflective surfaces
- FiberOut: Fiber collimator for FC/APC and FC/PC fibers
- Flow cytometry
- Confocal microscopy
- Live-cell imaging
- High throughput screening
- Genome analyzers
- Article: Konstantin Birngruber, Stephan Falke Demand-tailored laser systems: Integrated multi-color laser solutions for quantum optics and biophotonics, Physik Journal Physics’ Best 2019
- German Article: Konstantin Birngruber, Stephan Falke Bedarfsoptimierte Lasersysteme - Integrierte Multi-Farben-Laserlösungen für Quantenoptik und Biophotonik, Physik Journal Best of 2018
- Article: Four‐Color Laser Engine for Efficient Confocal Microscopy (Optik & Photonik 2018)
- Article: Klaviatur der Farben (LASER 2011)
- Article: Lasers for Confocal Microscopy (Imaging & Microscopy 2011)
- Related Products