DLC pro Lock
Software license for DLC pro
- Software license to enable additional features of DLC pro
- Two feedback channels with independent PID regulators
- Top-of-fringe lock with included modulation and demodulation side-of-fringe lock
- May be purchased along with DLC pro or at later time for installation by customer
The DLC pro Lock is a software license that enables a number of features on a specific DLC pro. These allow to control the frequency of a laser for example by using a saturated absorption spectroscopy setup with a reference cell. This most popular example of frequency typically uses a modulation of the laser frequency, a de-modulation (Lock-In) for creation of the error signal and PID regulators for the generation of the error signal. All this may be achieved with a DLC pro control without further electronic modules.
It is also possible to run side-of-fringe locks, for example, if an error signal is generated externally, e.g. a Pound-Drever-Hall signal generated with the PDD 110/F module. Modulation and feedback may either be generated by the current or piezo controller of the DLC pro or using external controls such as AOMs or EOMs via the analog outputs of the DLC pro.
The frequency lock may be switched on easily on the DLC pro itself or from a connected PC with a simple click: This will stop the frequency ramp of the laser at the selected spectroscopic feature and activates the feedback.
A ReLock feature is also included, which allows for automatic relocking of the laser once the laser fell out of lock, e.g. if a monitoring signal is not in a specific windows anymore. Frequency locks using Doppler-free spectroscopy e.g. applied for lasers used a MOT are typical applications of this locking option.
- Bandwidth 30 kHz
- Side-of-fringe or top-of-fringe locks
- Modulation frequency 11 Hz .. 160 kHz
- ReLock mechanisms
- Two feedback channels
- Atom Laser Cooling & Trapping
- Ion Laser Cooling & Trapping
- Degenerate Fermi Gases
- Optical Clocks
- Rydberg Excitation
- Optical Pumping & EIT
- Fundamental Constants
- Quantum Cryptography
- Quantum Information
- Quantum Dots & Microcavities
- Magnetic Field Measurement
- Application Note: Diode Laser Locking and Linewidth Narrowing
- Application Note: Trapping and quantum computing
- Article: C. Nölleke et al, Absolute Frequency Atlas from 915 nm to 985 nm based on Laser Absorption Spectroscopy of Iodine (2018)
- Related Products