- Turnkey single-frequency operation (built-in grating)
- Wavelengths from 633 .. 3500 nm available
- Frequency tuning via temperature and current
- Mode-hop-free scans up to 1400 GHz
- Diodes sold separately and in DFB pro systems
Distributed feedback (DFB) laser diodes feature a grating structure within the semiconductor and thus operate in both longitudinal and transverse single mode. Tuning is achieved by modulating either the laser current or the chip temperature. Mode-hop free tuning is maintained over several hundred GHz. Applications include alkaline spectroscopy, laser cooling, gas detection and the generation of tunable cw terahertz radiation.
DFB/DBR laser diodes may be integrated into a DFB pro.
Center wavelengths 640 .. 685 nm1, 760 .. 2880 nm Typical output power 2 .. 150 mW Typical coarse tuning 2 .. 6 nm Thermal tuning
> 1000 GHz
-25 GHz/K (@800 nm), -10 GHz/K (@ 1500 nm)
~ 50 GHz
1 .. 10 GHz / mA
Typical linewidth (5 µs integration time) 500 kHz - 4 MHz Typical output beam characteristics 3 mm x 1 mm Typical output beam polarization Linear > 100:1 Thermal stabilization ColdPack, TO-3 or butterfly package
1Spectral coverage with gaps
2With DCC 110. Higher bandwidth feasible with DL-MOD
- Additional Information
- TO-9 mm package
- TO-3 package with built-in TEC and thermistor
- Butterfly package with built-in optical isolator and fiber pigtail
- Note: Some packages may only be available for certain wavelengths, please inquire.
- Related Products