- Up to 4 lasers in DL/DFB pro configuration
- Spectral coverage 369 .. 1770 nm
- Low noise and drift, narrow linewidth
- Light provided by single-mode PM optical fibers
- Digital control via DLC pro for best performance and convenience
The MDL pro combines up to four narrow-linewidth tunable diode lasers in a compact 19” sub-rack and seamlessly integrates into the T-RACK or other suitable 19” racks. This solves many challenges of modern atomic optics: It simplifies laser operation with all integrated lasers being controlled from a single unified interface. Furthermore, it helps to clear optical tables and to stow away lasers into a 19" form factor. Thereby, it enables researchers to focus on their experiment rather than on their laser system. Please see Laser Rack Systems for the complete product family.
MDL pro modular laser systems achieve the same ultimate performance as TOPTICA’s established DL pro or DFB pro series: Unprecedented passive stability, unique locking solutions and narrow linewidth.
The MDL pro integrates tunable single-mode laser modules at wavelengths between 369 and 1770 nm. These modules are based on TOPTICA's DL pro or DFB pro lasers. Up to four individual modules can be selected and combined freely in the MDL pro. All laser diodes from TOPTICA stock lists are available.
The MDL pro modular laser unit features a full-extension pull-out mechanism ensuring easy access to the laser modules. Moreover, it offers passive vibration isolation decoupling the lasers from the environment. The unit is highly compact consuming only 2 RU in height. An additional 1-RU space is recommended for thermal isolation between different laser units. Optical output is fiber-coupled allowing for flexible laser light delivery wherever required.
The MDL pro laser modules are controlled with TOPTICA’s DLC pro. Its digital architecture enables low-noise laser operation, intelligent locking functions and remote control via Ethernet.
The MDL pro may be included in a T-RACK and therefore be part of a complete Laser Rack System. In this case, one takes full advantage of the integrated rack solution. The MDL pro may also be purchased for mounting in a standard 19" rack by the customer. A regular 4-post rack with 600 mm or 800 mm depth (post separation between 500 mm and 700 mm) is required. Space requirements in the rack vary depending on the specific configuration. One unobstructed height unit has to be added below each module (MDL pro, DLC pro) for proper thermal managmenent. For details on rack requirements please contact TOPTICA. Finally, the MDL pro may also be used as a table-top solution consisting of one laser subrack and one or two DLC pro subracks.
open SHOW ALL SPECS for complete overview
Pre-Configured Laser Modules*
HP 369 HP 397 HP 399 HP 420 HP 461 633 HP 637 670 780 850 Typical applications Yb ion cooling Ca ion cooling Yb cooling Ca cooling, Sr ion cooling, Rb Rydberg Sr cooling, Cs Rydberg HeNe laser wavelen. NV center, Yb ion clear out laser Li cooling Rb cooling, K cooling Cs cooling, Ca ion repump Wavelength interval (nm) 369.2 - 370.2 396.5 - 398.5 398.5 - 401 420 - 423 457 - 461 631 - 635 635 - 639 660 - 673 765 - 805 840 - 875 Peak power ex fiber (mW) 7 35 11 38 90 17 24 13 55 38 Linewidth (kHz, typ., 5 µs) 150 150 150 150 150 200 500 200 50 100
Additional Top Seller
DLC MDL pro Ca+ DLC MDL pro Yb+ Application Ion cooling 1st
Repump A Repump B Ion cooling 1st
Repump A Repump B Wavelength (nm) 396.959 422.792 854.444 866.452 369.524 398.912 935.186 760.073 Peak power ex fiber (mW) 35 38 60 8 7 11 8 17 Linewidth (kHz at 5 µs) 150 150 3000 3000 150 150 3000 3000
- Additional Information
- Lock Option for DLC pro: Software license that enables a number of features on a specific DLC pro. These allow to control the frequency of a laser for example by using a saturated absorption spectroscopy setup with a reference cell.
- Electronics Modules: A broad variety of electronic locking modules is available for frequency stabilization.
- Article: Konstantin Birngruber, Stephan Falke Demand-tailored laser systems: Integrated multi-color laser solutions for quantum optics and biophotonics, Physik Journal Physics’ Best 2019
- German Article: Konstantin Birngruber, Stephan Falke Bedarfsoptimierte Lasersysteme - Integrierte Multi-Farben-Laserlösungen für Quantenoptik und Biophotonik, Physik Journal Best of 2018
- Application Note: Phase and Frequency Locking of Diode Lasers
Laser Rack Systems
- T-RACK Laser Rack for 19'' TOPTICA Modular Systems and Units
- MTA pro Modular Amplified Tunable Single-Mode Laser System
- MSHG pro Modular Frequency-Doubled Tunable Laser System
- MDFC Modular Difference Frequency Comb
- MOM Modular Opto-Mechanics Breadboard Unit
- DLC pro optional with DLC ext for locking modules
- DLC pro Lock Option
- PDH/DLC pro
- Laser Diodes