16. October 2020
We’re seeking a dynamic, outgoing individual who loves working with the scientific community to advance the frontiers of knowledge using the precision light TOPTICA’s lasers provide. This role explores the potential to solve customers most challenging technical problems, and leading discussions with various subject matter experts including product managers.
The Scientific Sales will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to customer support and hands-on work with TOPTICA’s laser systems, both in the office and in the field at customer sites:
As Scientific Sales, the responsibilities shall be:
- Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging environment.
- Consult and collaborate with customers to solve their technical problems with TOPTICA lasers and solutions. This process includes facilitating the exploration of potential technical solutions, and leading discussions which may include various subject matter experts including product managers.
- Product discovery/Application development including the integration of the TOPTICA lasers into customer applications. Working closely to convert home builders to TOPTICA customers.
- Support the entire team of TPI in their activity to sell and support the TOPTICA products allowing TPI to attain an appropriate global market share in North America.
- Incubate into the TOPTICA R&D team potential improvements on TOPTICA products - whether originating individually or from customer feedback - and discuss their feasibility and the technical, financial and personnel requirements.
- Propose product improvements and potential new product design using resources in North America when the potential program merits the need to manufacture in North America
- While doing product discovery, all efforts will initially focus on enhancing sales of TOPTICA products to customers in North America within university laboratories. Use the TOPTICA customer database to identify potential customers. Visit potential customers and attend trade shows and conferences in North America and convince them about the quality of the TOPTICA products and the excellent customer service of TOPTICA through demonstrations and presentations. Assist the TPI team to achieve orders to meet the target given in the budget of TPI based on the US sales expectations of TOPTICA.
- Provide support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops.
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the TPI sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications.
- Maintain sales lead and opportunity information in the customer database to facilitate collaboration between TOPTICA stakeholders (sales, product managers, production, etc).
- Work with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing of TPI to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions to grow the North American and global businesses.
- Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities specifically in North America.
- Timely trip and service reports.
- Other duties as assigned
This individual should have a hands-on background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, optics or similar experience, PhD preferred.
- Hands-on laser experience in AMO/QT communities
- Strong ability to communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Confident negotiating skills, and ability to influence
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Identifying customers problems, consulting and providing a solutions
- Good time management, independent and self-starting
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of atomic physics, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest scientific challenge, linewidth is measured in MHz and well below, or high speed locking circuitry is requested, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested? Strong contacts to the scientific community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development always one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology. We are looking for scientific experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same passion for precision that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] toptica-usa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897