- Beam shaping for diode lasers
- For increased fiber coupling efficiency
- Ratio between 1:2 and 1:5 (APP J: user adjustable)
- Aperture 8mm, no angle shift of output beam
- Patented Design
Diode lasers usually feature an elliptical beam proﬁle. Often, however, a circular beam shape is required, e.g. for mode-matching to an external resonator, adapting beam size to pass a small aperture of an isolator, or to obtain a supreme ﬁber coupling efﬁciency. The APP J is an adjustable anamorphic prism pair which circularizes an elliptical beam, by either expanding or compressing one of the beam axes.
Article number Wavelength [nm] Compression / magnification Transmission (typ.)* APP J 390-420 390 – 420 2:1 – 5:1 95 % APP J 600-1100 600 – 1100 2:1 – 5:1 95 % APP J 1100-1500 1100 – 1500 2:1 – 5:1 95 %
* Please note that the APP J is designed for p-polarized light (polarization parallel to the plane of incidence), ensuring maximum transmission due to (near-) Brewster conditions on one side and a high-quality AR-coating on the other side of each prism. The housing can easily be ﬁxed on any standard mirror mount or post (see technical drawing).
- Additional Information
- Related Products