29. October 2019
TOPTICA develops and manufactures high-end laser systems for scientific and industrial applications. Our portfolio includes diode lasers, ultrafast fiber lasers, terahertz systems and frequency combs. OEM customers, scientists, and over a dozen Nobel laureates all acknowledge the world-class exceptional specifications of TOPTICA's lasers, as well as their reliability and longevity.
Founded in 1998 near Munich (Germany), TOPTICA has become one of the leading laser photonics companies by aiming for and consistently delivering high-end specifications. TOPTICA's diode lasers are appreciated for excellent coherence, wide tuning range and ideal beam profiles.
With "A Passion for Precision" TOPTICA's 300 employees take pride in developing customized systems. In close collaboration with several universities and institutes, the latest scientific discoveries are frequently incorporated into commercial products. With a global distribution network, TOPTICA provides exceptional service worldwide.
Over the past decade TOPTICA has grown the capabilities of its worldwide locations to include product design and manufacturing, applications and technical support, and customer service in addition to their traditional sales roles. In continuation of this effort our US office in Farmington, NY is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of a Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is a highly-visible position that owns all current product lines and is the champion of new products to be developed at TOPTICA’s North American facility. This person will drive the specifications of new product development by leveraging company capabilities to meet market needs.The Senior Product Manager willdefine overall market potentials and drivetechnical specifications and performance needs to ensure product success.
- Perform extensive market research to understand customer and product needs
- Directly interface with customers and potential customers to define market potential and specifications
- Successfully compete for internal resources with compelling, market-driven proposals
- Prepare marketing strategies for product line(s)
- Evaluate product performance to help develop and update company goals and objectives
- Work closely with all engineering groups to ensure successful product design
- Work closely with sales to drive product launch and success
- Hands-on design capability to ensure proper transfer to production
- Ensure quality levels meeting the TOPTICA brand
- Prepare user manuals and material
- Define the look and feel of the product
- Drive and define full commercial new product introductions
- Prepare and rank project goals and objectives for management resources and decision making
This individual should have a hands-on background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, optics, or similar experience, PhD preferred.
- Hands-on laser experience
- Strong ability to communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Well organized, structured, and task focused
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Identifying customer’s problems, consulting, and providing solutions
- Good time management, independent, and self-starting
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to: jobs [at] toptica.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc.
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897