- Maintains and reconciles general ledger in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Under the direction of the Controller, manage the accounting for the accounts payable system, including maintenance of data files, general ledger, and subsequent journal entries.
- Manage the accounts receivable system; including regular review of aging AR, receiving and posting payments, collection efforts and recommendations for updated customer credit.
- Close collaboration with sales associates, product managers and R&D to develop system configurations and solutions using TOPTICA lasers for customer applications in quantum technology.
- Establish close relationship with Chinese quantum society. Track the market trend and budget flow. Locate potential customers both in scientific and industry fields.
- Cultivate collaborative activities related to quantum outside of TOPTICA to include, but not limited to, research projects, white paper collaborations, etc. Utilize TOPTICA technology to solve the needs of the quantum community.
- Planning and directing all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization outside of R&D.
- Ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Utilizing best practice engineering methods and providing expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives leading to new product development.
- Focus on strategic business development and sale of the TOPTICA industrial products to commercial / OEM customers in North America.
- Visit potential customers in North America to discuss and demonstrate TOPTICA’s indisputable quality of products and excellent customer service.
- Drawing on personal experience to direct the development of photonic devices at TOPTICA
- Working with Product Management to adequately vet markets for potential products
- Assessing partners and establishing the best supply chain from a technical standpoint
- Contributing to the design and specification of products from R&D to Engineering to manufacturability
- Ensuring that the product conforms to TOPTICA’s high standard of performance, quality, and reliability
- Building and characterizing early prototypes
- Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging environment.
Consult and collaborate with customers to solve their technical problems with TOPTICA lasers and solutions. This process includes facilitating the exploration of potential technical solutions, and leading discussions which may include various subject matter experts including product managers.