No compromise: Fast and Convenient
- PI³D² regulator
- 10 ns delay
- Remote locking
The FALC pro is the latest locking module of TOPTICA. Its high speed regulator allows to address even to most demanding applications, including laser driving ultra-narrow transitions utilized in optical clocks (clock transitions) or quantum computer (optical q-bits). This regulator is combined with a convenient user interface, which allows optimize the feedback parameters with ease. The digital control interface of the analog regulator also enables full remote operation.
Typical applications of this locking modules include linewidth narrowing of a laser using external reference cavities, e.g. in Pound-Drever-Hall locks (in combination with PDH/DLC pro), locking any DLC pro controlled TDLS laser to a frequency comb, or phase locking one TDLS laser to another.
The combination of the FALC pro with the DLC pro Lock increases the convenience even more because Click & Lock as well as ReLock mechanisms are easy to setup.
The FALC pro not only promises the best performance but also a lot of fun in setting up the feedback to reach the narrowest linewidths, the lowest phase noise, the longest coherence times, … or just a very good high-speed lock.
Concept Fast PID regulator in external module for a DLC pro to lock one of TOPTICA’s TDLS laser to a frequency reference. Two configurations allow for best performance with either direct error signals or the phase comparison of two RF signals Operation Using the interface of the DLC pro* Size 54.2 x 105 x 200 mm3 (H x W x D) without mounting brackets** Mounting options Each T-RACK can take up to six FALC pro.
May be mounted vertically or horizontally to both, metric and imperial** optical breadboard
Requirements Requires CAN bus interface of MC+ module of DLC pro*** Configuration for direct error signals Typically used for side-of-fringe locks or error signals generated in demodulation Inputs Two high-speed low noise inputs, connected to a differential amplifier Configuration for phase locks Typically used for phase locking or the generation of a PDH error signal Inputs Two RF inputs connected to a mixer Fast circuit branch Typically connected to modulation input of laser head PID regulator < 10 ns signal delay, three integrator stages, two differential stages: PI³D² Slow circuit branch Typically connected to input of DLC pro Regulator Single integrator stage, independent of fast branch
* TOPAS PC GUI of DLC pro, Touch Screen of DLC pro, Command interface of DLC pro, e.g. through TOPTICA Python Laser SDK
** for details see technical drawings in the Download section
*** e.g. DLC pro of S/N 43000 or higher, each DLC pro supports up to two FALC pro
- Additional Information
- High-bandwidth laser frequency stabilization
- Linewidth reduction of ECDL and selected DFB lasers
- Phase locking of two lasers
- Difference frequency stabilization
- Atom Laser Cooling & Trapping
- Ion Laser Cooling & Trapping
- BEC / Degenerate Fermi Gases
- Optical Clocks
- Rydberg Excitation
- Optical Pumping & EIT
- Fundamental Constants
- Quantum Cryptography
- Quantum Information
- Quantum Dots & Microcavities
- Magnetic Field Measurement
- Application Note: Diode Laser Locking and Linewidth Narrowing
- Application Note: 12 orders of coherence control
- Scientific Publication: Y.N. Zhao et al., Sub-Hertz frequency stabilization of a commercial diode laser, Optics Comm. 283 (2010)
- Scientific Publication: F. Friederich et al., Phase-locking of the beat signal of two distributed-feedback diode lasers to oscillators working in the MHz to THz range, Opt. Express 18:8 (2010)
- PDH/DLC pro: Pound-Drever-Hall detector for high bandwidth top-of-fringe stabilization, built-in module for DLC pro
- DLC pro Lock: Software license to enable additional features of DLC pro
- DigiLock 110: Versatile digital module for computerized locking tasks
- Laser Locking Electronics
- Tunable Diode Lasers
- FPI 100: Fabry-Perot interferometer and detector unit
- Wavelength meters