TOPTICA develops and manufactures high-end laser systems for scientific and industrial applications. Our portfolio includes diode lasers, ultrafast fiber lasers, terahertz systems and frequency combs. OEM customers, scientists, and over a dozen Nobel laureates all acknowledge the world-class exceptional specifications of TOPTICA's lasers, as well as their reliability and longevity.
Founded in 1998 near Munich (Germany), TOPTICA has become one of the leading laser photonics companies by aiming for and consistently delivering high-end specifications. TOPTICA's diode lasers are appreciated for excellent coherence, wide tuning range and ideal beam profiles.
With "A Passion for Precision" TOPTICA's 300 employees take pride in developing customized systems. In close collaboration with several universities and institutes, the latest scientific discoveries are frequently incorporated into commercial products. With a global distribution network, TOPTICA provides exceptional service worldwide.
Over the past decade TOPTICA has grown the capabilities of its worldwide locations to include product design and manufacturing, applications and technical support, and customer service in addition to their traditional sales roles. In continuation of this effort our US office in Farmington, NY is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of an Ultrafast Application Scientist.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
This critical role within TOPTICA USA! The Ultrafast Application Scientist acts at the nexus of sales, product management, application development and research, and helps drive our ultrafast laser initiatives for North America. Stay close to science, support challenging problem-solving applications and see what is happening everywhere in the ultrafast application space, both in research and commercialization. This role will bring that knowledge back to help us continuously deliver innovative ultrafast laser solutions for our customers.
As Ultrafast Application Scientist, the responsibilities shall be:
- Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging environment.
- Close collaboration with sales associates, product managers and R&D to develop system configurations and solutions using TOPTICA lasers for customer applications using ultrafast laser technology.
- Support the entire team of TPI in their activity to sell and support the TOPTICA products allowing TPI to attain an appropriate global market share in North America.
- Incubate into the TOPTICA R&D team potential improvements on TOPTICA products - whether originating individually or from customer feedback - and discuss their feasibility and the technical, financial and personnel requirements.
- Implement product improvements and potential new product design using resources in North America when the potential program merits the need to manufacture in North America
- Visit potential customers and participate in trade shows and conferences in North America and convince them about the quality of the TOPTICA products through demonstrations and presentations.
- Provide support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops.
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the TPI sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing of TPI to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions to grow the North American and global businesses.
- Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich as well as the New York facility to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities specifically in North America.
- Timely trip and service reports.
- Other duties as assigned
This individual should have a hands-on background in ultrafast laser technology development or application development using ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, optics or similar experience, MS required, PhD preferred.
- Hands-on ultrafast laser experience
- Strong ability to confidently communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Indentifying customers problems, consulting and providing a solutions
- Good time management, independent and self-starting
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897