TOPTICA develops and manufactures high-end laser systems for scientific and industrial applications. Our portfolio includes diode lasers, ultrafast fiber lasers, terahertz systems and frequency combs. OEM customers, scientists, and over a dozen Nobel laureates all acknowledge the world-class exceptional specifications of TOPTICA's lasers, as well as their reliability and longevity.
Founded in 1998 near Munich (Germany), TOPTICA has become one of the leading laser photonics companies by aiming for and consistently delivering high-end specifications. TOPTICA's diode lasers are appreciated for excellent coherence, wide tuning range and ideal beam profiles.
With "A Passion for Precision" TOPTICA's 300 employees take pride in developing customized systems. In close collaboration with several universities and institutes, the latest scientific discoveries are frequently incorporated into commercial products. With a global distribution network, TOPTICA provides exceptional service worldwide.
Over the past decade TOPTICA has grown the capabilities of its worldwide locations to include product design and manufacturing, applications and technical support, and customer service in addition to their traditional sales roles. In continuation of this effort our US office in Farmington, NY is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of a Scientific Sales.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
This position will work as the reference point for the organization for all IT related infrastructure, software and user queries, assuming a critical role within our team in North America. They will respond to user needs in a timely manner ensuring the optimal running of all systems. They will also interface closely with the IT team in the Munich office to maintain intracompany infrastructure as well as corporate IT strategy. This position is located at our headquarters in Farmington, NY. The role will require minimal travel within the U.S. and Europe to account for not more than 10% of their time.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure stable usability
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Recommend appropriate hardware and software solutions for the company
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Responsible for server and clients
- Implementing corporate structures
- Establish an IT ticket system for the US office (connected to the German system)
- First level support for all users and applications
- Implement corporate Roles and Rights
- Ensure compliance with all data protection regulations in US and Europe is met
- CRM (CURSOR) and ERP (Navision2018) admin tasks
- Lead on a document management system project in the future
- Managing all technical documentation
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Updating and implementing IT policy and best practices for the organization
- Conducting regular system audits
- Timely expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual should have a hands-on background in hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and system maintenance
- Strong ability to communicate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in database programming and software installation
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897