06. January 2018
About the Company
TOPTICA develops and manufactures high-end laser systems for scientific and industrial applications. Our portfolio includes diode lasers, ultrafast fiber lasers, terahertz systems and frequency combs. OEM customers, scientists, and over a dozen Nobel laureates all acknowledge the world-class exceptional specifications of TOPTICA's lasers, as well as their reliability and longevity.
Founded in 1998 near Munich (Germany), TOPTICA has become one of the leading laser photonics companies by aiming for and consistently delivering high-end specifications. TOPTICA's diode lasers are appreciated for excellent coherence, wide tuning range and ideal beam profiles.
With "A Passion for Precision" TOPTICA's 230 employees take pride in developing customized systems. In close collaboration with several universities and institutes, the latest scientific discoveries are frequently incorporated into commercial products. With a global distribution network, TOPTICA provides exceptional service worldwide.
Over the past decade TOPTICA has grown the capabilities of its worldwide locations to include product design and manufacturing, applications and technical support, and customer service in addition to their traditional sales roles. In continuation of this effort our US office in Farmington, NY is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of NLO Product Manager.
About the Job
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
NLO Product Manager (m/f)
The NLO Product Manager will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities related to a new product line being designed and manufactured in the US. This product will generate cw laser radiation based on well-established techniques in nonlinear optics. Working in concert with our very experienced R&D personnel the NLO Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the design and specification of the product based on personal experience as well as feedback gained from interaction with potential scientific and industrial customers
- Ensuring that the product conforms to TOPTICA’s high standard of performance, quality, and reliability
- Working in concert with R&D to ensure manufacturability
- Building and characterizing early prototypes
- Specifying and outfitting dedicated manufacturing space with all necessary workstations, fixturing, and instrumentation
- Hiring and managing manufacturing personnel as needed
- Identification and qualification of vendors as well as maintenance of relationships
- Technical writing and development of marketing materials related to the product
- Travel to scientific and industrial exhibitions in order to interact with the customer base, market the product, and collect feedback for future versions of the product
- Working in concert with service to support the product after delivery
- Working closely with sales personnel to ensure that they have all necessary knowledge of potential customers as well as their applications and requirements for the product
- Constantly seeking out new applications and new markets and working with sales personnel to support those markets
- Periodic travel to TOTICA headquarters in Germany as well as to worldwide offices and distributors
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should have:
- PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Optics, or related field
- Product management experience
- Significant experience and skill in hands-on work with lasers and optical techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as an outgoing personality and a desire to interact with people
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897