18. March 2021
Have you had an idea you have just been dying to build and commercialize? Do you have a passion for driving a technology from concept to launched product? Then this might be the role for you!
This role is critical to the expansion of our manufactured product strategies, and our continued commitment to bring advanced technologies from the lab to real-world applications for our customers.
The Senior Product Development Scientist will vet new ideas and perform market research to define new products to be manufactured which align with the company capabilities. Define the over all market potential as well as drive the technical specifications and performance needs for success.
- Develop and test new laser and laser adjacent product ideas to be designed and manufactured in the US.
- Build and characterize early prototypes
- R&D and Engineer to ensure manufacturability
- Contribute to the design and specification of the product based on personal experience
- Ensure the product conforms to TOPTICA's high standard of performance, quality, and reliability
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel to facilitate a transition to production
- Work in concert with service to support the product post delivery
- Periodic travel to TOPTICA headquarters in Germany as well as to worldwide offices and distributors
- Perform market research to understand product needs and demand
- Directly interface with current and potential customers to define design needs
- Work closely with sales to drive product launch and success
- Define the look and feel of the product
- Evaluate product performance to help develop and update company goals and objectives
- Prepare and rank project goals and objectives for management resources and decision making
- Work closely with senior management on budget and timelines related to product development
This individual should have a hands-on background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, chemistry, biology, optics or similar photonics experience, PhD preferred.
- Must have launched a commercial product
- Hands-on laser experience
- Strong ability to communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Identifying customers problems, consulting and providing a solutions
- Good time management, independent and self-starting
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of atomic physics, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest scientific challenge, linewidth is measured in MHz and well below, or high speed locking circuitry is requested, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested? Strong contacts to the scientific community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development always one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology. We are looking for scientific experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same passion for precision that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] toptica-usa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897