TOPTICA has a clear and long-term goal to grow the capability of our North American location and to add new technologies as they become market-ready. In support of these efforts we are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Photonic Development Scientist.
The Photonic Development Scientist role is a cross-disciplinary role primarily focused on photonic devices but also their interaction with mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
The Photonic Development Specialist will report to the Technology Manager and will be responsible for:
- Drawing on personal experience to direct the development of photonic devices at TOPTICA
- Working with Product Management to adequately vet markets for potential products
- Assessing partners and establishing the best supply chain from a technical standpoint
- Working with internal and external resources focused on electrical, mechanical, and controls design to achieve system-level performance goals
- Coordination with other subsidiaries and global R&D resources to leverage existing capabilities and prior development projects
- Occasional travel to TOPTICA headquarters in Munich, Germany as well as other subsidiaries, suppliers, and end-users
- PhD in Physics, Optics, or related field
- Proven track record in the design, assembly, test, and characterization of photonic devices
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Unrestricted right to work in the US
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of atomic physics, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest scientific challenge, linewidth is measured in MHz and well below, or high speed locking circuitry is requested, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested? Strong contacts to the scientific community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development always one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology. We are looking for scientific experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same passion for precision that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] toptica-usa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897