27. August 2021
The Laser Development Scientist/Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities related to existing and future product lines developed and manufactured in the US. Working as a member of our US design team the Laser Development Scientist will responsible for:
- Contributing to the design and specification of products from R&D to Engineering to manufacturability
- Ensuring that the product conforms to TOPTICA’s high standard of performance, quality, and reliability
- Building and characterizing early prototypes
- Specifying and outfitting dedicated manufacturing space with all necessary workstations, fixturing, and instrumentation
- Hiring and managing manufacturing personnel as needed
- Working in concert with service to support the product after delivery
- Periodic travel to TOTICA headquarters in Germany as well as to worldwide offices and distributors
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should have:
- Degree in Physics, Optics, or other relevant scientific discipline (MS/PhD)
- Significant experience and skill in hands-on work with lasers and optical techniques
- Demonstrated project management skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as an outgoing personality and a desire to interact with people
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of atomic physics, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest scientific challenge, linewidth is measured in MHz and well below, or high speed locking circuitry is requested, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested? Strong contacts to the scientific community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development always one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology. We are looking for scientific experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same passion for precision that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] toptica-usa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897