16. October 2020
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to customer support and hands-on work with TOPTICA’s laser systems, both in the office and in the field at customer sites:
As Field Service Engineer, the responsibilities shall be:
- Installation of new laser systems at customer sites
- Field service of existing laser systems
- Service and repair of laser systems in-house
- Technical and application support
- Trip reporting
- Periodic travel to TOPTICA’s headquarters in Munich for training
This individual should have a hands-on background in atomic / molecular physics for quantum technology development using diode lasers.
- Degree in PHYSICS or related scientific discipline is a must (BS/MS/PhD)
- Significant experience and skill in hands-on work with cw and/or ultrafast lasers and optical techniques
- Able to work independently and as a team player. Ideal candidate will be a driven, motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as an outgoing personality and a desire to interact with people
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of atomic physics, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest scientific challenge, linewidth is measured in MHz and well below, or high speed locking circuitry is requested, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested? Strong contacts to the scientific community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development always one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology. We are looking for scientific experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same passion for precision that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] toptica-usa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
5847 County Road 41
Farmington, NY 14425
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897