TOPTICA Photonics has sub-divisions in the United States, Japan and China.
Please see below for international job opportunities.
- Planning and directing all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization outside of R&D.
- Ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Utilizing best practice engineering methods and providing expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives leading to new product development.
- Focus on strategic business development and sale of the TOPTICA industrial products to commercial / OEM customers in North America.
- Visit potential customers in North America to discuss and demonstrate TOPTICA’s indisputable quality of products and excellent customer service.
- Drawing on personal experience to direct the development of photonic devices at TOPTICA
- Working with Product Management to adequately vet markets for potential products
- Assessing partners and establishing the best supply chain from a technical standpoint
- Keep up with the latest research (particularly in multiphoton microscopy/neuroscience and spectroscopy)
- Follow new publications, attend conferences, and closely collaborate with researchers and customers
- Connect customers and their needs with sales associates, product managers and R&D to develop system configurations and solutions using TOPTICA lasers for customer applications using ultrafast laser technology.
- Sales and marketing of laser oscillators and optical equipment. Sales of laser oscillators and optical devices, and elementary technical support services.
- Sales promotion to private companies, universities and government laboratories (all over Japan)
- Customer support and management for new and existing customers
- Contributing to the design and specification of products from R&D to Engineering to manufacturability
- Ensuring that the product conforms to TOPTICA’s high standard of performance, quality, and reliability
- Building and characterizing early prototypes
- Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging environment.
Consult and collaborate with customers to solve their technical problems with TOPTICA lasers and solutions. This process includes facilitating the exploration of potential technical solutions, and leading discussions which may include various subject matter experts including product managers.