High motivation and personal responsibility in the service of the customer characterize the company philosophy of the privately managed "Hidden Champion", which is lived by the employees with great commitment together.
Its customers include well-known industrial companies as well as numerous Nobel Prize winners.
Aim of the subproject “High spectral purity and very low frequency noise” is the development of Sr optical clock laser system including frequency comb for the transfer of clock stability to other wavelengths and down to microwave frequencies. This subproject includes one secondment and short research visits at our university partners. It also gives an opportunity of getting first experience in advanced atomic sources, lightweight integrated atomics chambers, high-finesse cavities, flexible laser systems, resilient frequency stabilisation systems, modeling tools, and more.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks:
- Development of laser source system for integrated Sr optical clock
- Development of frequency comb system for stabilisation of lasers and generation of low noise microwaves
- System integration and characterisation with Sr optical clock at University of Birmingham
- Excellent Master degree in Physics or Engineering
- Strong technical skills, particularly in the areas of optics/electronics/physics
- Knowledge in laser physics, feedback control systems, measurement instrumentation python and/or C++ experiences are required
- Eager to grow within the role. Willingness to learn German
According to the rules of European Community for the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement, the applicant can be of any nationality. The applicant has to have finished a master degree within the last 4 years prior to recruitment. Candidates can not apply for a position in a country where they have lived more than 12 months in the last 3 years. The successful candidate will be a full time employee and will be paid minimum in accordance with the MSCA rules. The contract period will be for 36 months. To foster diversity in our research group, we will especially appreciate applications from excellent female candidates. For more information about the Charter and Code you can watch up here:https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/euraxess/charter-code-researchers
Weniger als 1 Jahr
TOPTICA Photonics AG