Warranty Terms & Conditions
The products of TOPTICA Photonics AG are produced with the greatest possible care using high-quality components and are checked in detail before being delivered. Therefore, as the manufacturer, TOPTICA Photonics AG gives a guarantee of durability according to the following terms:
1. TOPTICA Photonics AG guarantees the buyer that there will be no defects in the product based on defective material or processing, for a period of 12 months from first delivery (guarantee period). Natural wear and tear as well as defects resulting from improper use or use contrary to the specifications, from failure to observe operating instructions, from insufficient maintenance and care or from modifications, interventions or attempted repairs that are neither carried out nor authorized by TOPTICA Photonics AG, are not covered by the guarantee.
2. Unless expressively stated in the order acknowledgement or the invoice semiconductor light emitting devices like laser diodes, tapered amplifier chips etc. whether sold as single parts or integrated in systems are not covered by the guarantee.
3. If a defect covered by the guarantee arises during the guarantee period, TOPTICA Photonics AG shall rectify such defect within a reasonable period at its own discretion by repairing or replacing the product or the defective part.
4. The guarantee period shall commence upon delivery of the product by TOPTICA Photonics AG or by a third party that obtained the product directly from TOPTICA Photonics AG for the purpose of selling it to the buyer.
The claim under the guarantee shall be excluded if the defect is not notified to TOPTICA Photonics AG in writing immediately after having been discovered, and no later than one month after expiry of the guarantee period.
For the purpose of rectifying a defect covered by the guarantee, the product or the relevant part shall be sent to TOPTICA Photonics AG at the expense and risk of the buyer. The product shall be returned at the expense and risk of TOPTICA Photonics AG.
5. No claims may be derived from this guarantee other than claims for rectification of the defects falling within the scope hereof, in accordance with the present terms. In particular, the buyer is not entitled under this guarantee to claim damages or a reduction in price from TOPTICA Photonics AG, or to rescind the contract. Potential, more far-reaching claims of the buyer against its seller shall not be affected by this guarantee.
Important!: The obligation of TOPTICA Photonics AG under this guarantee is subject to the condition that the buyer gives his/her express consent to them by sending the signed duplicate of this form to TOPTICA Photonics AG immediately after delivery, also truthfully indicating the model number, the serial number and the date on which the product was delivered.
The buyer may not assign claims under this guarantee to third parties without the prior written consent of TOPTICA Photonics AG.
6. This guarantee is governed by substantive German law to the exclusion of the provisions of the UN-Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). The Regional Court [Landgericht] Munich I shall be the court of exclusive international, local and subject-matter jurisdiction for legal disputes arising under or in connection with this guarantee.
Please follow the link for the Guarantee Registration Form.