Pound Drever Hall Module
- Module generates a dispersive error signal
- Serves for high bandwidth top-of-fringe laser locking
- Error signal generation by frequency modulation
- Modulation frequency adjustable 12 - 35 MHz
- Dual channel and high bandwidth versions available
The Pound-Drever-Hall detector PDD 110/F serves to lock a diode laser to a maximum absorption or transmission of a reference medium (e.g. an optical resonator). The PDD 110/F features an internal HF modulation source for modulating the diode laser frequency. The signal from the reference is detected and demodulated phase sensitively to produce a high bandwidth dispersive error signal that can be used to lock the laser using a PID controller.
Specifications PDD 110/F Modulation frequency 20 MHz standard, adjustable 12 - 35 MHz (other frequencies on request) HF output amplitude 1 Vpp (+4 dBm) @ 50 Ω, more on request Second harmonics suppression Optional low pass filter normally not recommended Phase adjustment 0° .. 190° plus inversion (±180°) Bandwidth / delay 12 ns total delay, 100 MHz bandwidth
- Additional Information
- A high bandwidth version PDD 110 is available, that was designed for linewidth narrowing. Its signal amplification stages all have a bandwidth of 100 MHz, and the overall delay time in the PDD 110 is 12 ns.
- A two channel version PDD 110/Dual is available for generating two independent error signals with one common modulation frequency. It can be used for example to lock the laser to a cavity and both to an atomic absorption at the same time.
- Cavity ring down spectroscopy
- Resonant enhancement for frequency doubling
- DigiLock 110: Versatile digital module for computerized locking tasks
- FALC 110: High bandwidth multi-channel PID for linewidth narrowing
- PID 110: Flexible PID regulator
- ECDL/DFB diode lasers, high power diode lasers and frequency converted diode lasers can conveniently be locked with PDD 110
- FPI 100: Fabry-Perot interferometer and detector unit
- Wavelength meters