Our DL pro is the ultimate tunable diode laser. Its revolutionary mechanical design allows for both easy operation and extreme stability at the same time. It offers highest output powers, and optimized mode-hop free tuning with a perfectly positioned virtual pivot point for the grating movement (Patents: DE 10 2007 028 499 and US 7970024).
Together with DLC pro it shows unrivalled linewidth and drift – with the most comfortable and intuitive user interface.
|Center wavelength||370 .. 517 nm*|
|Typical power range||3 .. 300 mW|
|Typical coarse tuning range||2 .. 100 nm|
|Typical mode-hop free tuning range||≥ 20 GHz|
|Typical linewidth (5 µs integration time)||100 kHz .. 1 MHz|
|Typical output beam characteristics||3 mm x 1 mm|
|Typical output beam polarization||Linear > 100:1|
|Fiber coupling efficiency**: min. (typ.)||55 (65) %|
|Fiber coupling efficiency with APP**: min. (typ.)||65 (75) %|
|Typical long term frequency change with room temperature||<<100 MHz / K|
* Spectral coverage with gaps
**With TOPTICA's FiberDock, efficiencies are possibly lower with strong ellipticity or short wavelengths
Specifications are subject to change without further notice.
Options & Related Products
Options & Related Products
|Motorization MOT/DL pro||The motorization of the coarse tuning offers remote control and operation via software interface. Mode-hopping or loss of single-mode operation might occur during coarse wavelength tuning. |
Restritctions for some diodes – please enquire.
|Narrow linewidth ||Optimization of DL pro laser system for narrow linewidth. |
Not available for all diodes – please inquire.
|Optical Isolation ||Single and double stage isolation available|
| FiberDock |
|Fiber coupling (optical isolation required)|
|Beam shaping: |
APP C, APP J
|Beam shaping optics to render a round beam for better fiber-coupling efficiency or higher isolator transmission. |
APP J: adjustable compression with a factor between 2 and 5
APP C: fixed factory-set compression
|Bias-T||For current modulation frequencies of up to several GHz|
|Electronics Modules||Stabilitzation and frequency locking electronics.|
- DLC pro: fully digital driver electronics. Low noise with intuitive multi-touch UI
- DL pro HP: High-power version of DL pro (available wavelengths 394 .. 516 nm)
- CTL: Continuously tunable diode laser
- DL 100: Economic Littrow type ECDL in modified Hänsch design
- DL DFB: Diode laser with wide mode hop free tuning and slightly broader linewidth
- TA pro: pro series ECDL with tapered amplifier (649 .. 1083 nm available)
- BoosTA pro: Semiconductor amplifier for higher powers (up to 3 W, 649 .. 1190 nm available)
- Frequency converted diode lasers for all other wavelengths
- AR, FP, and DFB Laser Diodes
- Numerous Photonicals, tools and helpful equipment for working with lasers, for example Fabry-Perot Interferometers, Wavelength Meters, …
|DLC DL pro||SYST DL pro|
|Dimensions laser head (H x W x D)||90 x 90 x 240 / 300 mm³|
|Weight laser head||2.8 - 4.4 kg|
|Dimensions control unit (H x W x D)||154 x 450 x 348 mm³||150 x 465 x 385 mm³|
|Weight control unit||8.0 kg||11 kg|
|Power supply||100 .. 240 V~, 50/60 Hz (wide range input)|
|Power consumption||Typ. < 35 W, max. 250 W||Typ. < 100 W, max. 300 W|
|PC Interface||Ethernet, USB, analog control||Analog control|
|Environmental temperature||15 - 30 °C (operating) |
0 - 40 °C (storage and transport)
|Environmental humidity||Non condensing|
toptica_TD_DL_pro_01.pdf (standard laser head)
toptica_TD_DL_pro_with_APPC.pdf (with beam shaping)
toptica_TD_DL_pro_XXL_with_APPC.pdf (long laser head)
toptica_TD_DLC_pro.pdf (control unit DLC pro)
- Atom and Ion cooling and trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & degenerate Fermi gases
- Quantum Optics
- Biomagnetic measurements benefit from laser know-how
- Coherence control
- Temperature measurements above the Arctic
- Trapping and quantum computing
- Its Time For New Clocks, Physics Best 4/2012
- Digital Revolution in Laser Control, Physics Best 4/2014
B. Sprenger et al., CaF2 whispering-gallery-mode-resonator stabilized-narrow-linewidth laser; Opt. Lett. 35:17 (2010) 2870.
Brochure: Scientific Lasers (8.3 MB)
"New: Ultra Stable Tunable Diode Laser now at all Diode Wavelengths between 372 nm and 1670 nm"
Free software download of the latest MOT / DL pro software for DL pro equipped with the motorization option.
The software consists of sample VIs for computerized motor control.
Some VIs have been compiled to run without a LabView installation.
The software is provided “as is” as an example for integrating the motor in an experiment or setup.