APP / APP J - Anamorphic Prism Pairs
- Beam shaping for diode lasers
- For increased fiber coupling efficiency
- Ratio between 1:2 and 1:5 (APP J: user adjustable)
- Aperture 8mm, no angle shift of output beam
- Patented Design
Diode lasers usually feature an elliptical beam proﬁle. Often, however, a circular beam shape is required, e.g. for mode-matching to an external resonator, adapting beam size to pass a small aperture of an isolator, or to obtain a supreme ﬁber coupling efﬁciency. The APP J is an adjustable anamorphic prism pair which circularizes an elliptical beam, by either expanding or compressing one of the beam axes.
Available prism pairs
|Article number||Wavelength [nm]||Compression / magnification||Transmission (typ.)*|
|APP J 390-420||390 – 420||2:1 – 5:1||95 %|
|APP J 600-1100||600 – 1100||2:1 – 5:1||95 %|
|APP J 1100-1500||1100 – 1500||2:1 – 5:1||95 %|
* Please note that the APP J is designed for p-polarized light (polarization parallel to the plane of incidence), ensuring maximum transmission due to (near-) Brewster conditions on one side and a high-quality AR-coating on the other side of each prism.
The housing can easily be ﬁxed on any standard mirror mount or post (see technical drawing).
Beam shaping with an anamorphic prism pair. Variable expansion and compression ratio.
One axis of an elliptical beam is magniﬁed or
compressed, the other axis remains unchanged.