TOPTICA's new DL DFB BFY is a laser head designed for butterfly-type DFB diodes. The diode output is optically isolated and focused into a single-mode fiber pigtail. The compact and rugged laser head provides not only the required mechanical protection for the laser diode, but also a superior heat management even for high-power DFB diodes. The unit is available either with fiber output or with a fiber connector port.
DL DFB BFY wavelength coverage: 1064 .. 1670 nm.
|Center wavelengths||1064 nm, 1300 - 1670 nm|
|Power range||10 .. 100 mW (fiber output)|
|Tuning range||2 .. 5 nm, mode-hop free|
> 600 GHz
25 GHz / sec
-10 .. - 15 GHz/K
> 25 GHz
0.3 .. 1.0 GHz/mA
|Typical linewidth (5 µs integration time)||1 .. 5 MHz|
|Optical isolators||Integrated, > 30 dB|
|Output beam characteristics||Circular, divergent|
Fiber NA typ. 0.12
|Output beam polarization||Linear, typ. 100:1|
|Typical long-term frequency stability||15 MHz RMS, 100 MHz pp @ 15 hrs**|
|Typical freqency change with ambient temperature||20 MHz/K (laser head)|
100 MHz/K (laser head + electronics)
|Thermal stabilization||Built-in TEC|
|Environmental temperature (operating)||15 - 30°C|
|Environmental temperature (transport)||0 - 40°C|
|Operating voltage||100..120 V/ 220..240 V AC|
50..60 Hz (auto detect)
|Power consumption||Typ. < 100 W, max. 300 W|
|*With SYS DC110. Higher bandwidth feasible with HF modulation option DL-MOD.|
**With SYS DC 110 driver electronics.
Thermal frequency tuning of a DL DFB BFY diode laser @ 1530 nm.
Current tuning of a DL DFB BFY diode laser.
Options & Related Products
Options & Related Products
- Fiber output (FC/APC) or fiber connector port
- High frequency modulation PCB: DL-Mod/DFB
The DL-Mod PCB features two input ports:
- DC-coupled input port: Bandwidth 50 MHz
- AC-coupled input port: can be configured either as modulation input with a bandwidth of 100 kHz - 50 MHz, or as a bias-T with approx. 300 MHz bandwidth.
- Additional fiber inline isolator (upon request)
- DL DFB: Distributed feedback laser for TO-9mm or TO3 packaged diodes
- dfBeam: OEM laser module for Raman spectroscopy and interferometry
- DL 100: Economic Littrow type ECDL in modified Hänsch design
- DL 100 / pro design: Tunable, ultra-stable ECDL
- DL pro: pro series ECDL with exceptional AR laser diodes
- BoosTA: Stand-alone semiconductor amplifier
- Lasers for cw terahertz generation
Compact size and robust performance, combined with wide frequency tunability and superior long-term stability – these are just a few arguments why the DL DFB BFY is the system of choice for
- Gas sensing (e.g. ammonia, methane, acetylene),
- Optical communication,
- Amplifier seeding,
- Generation of tunable cw terahertz radiation.