The BoosTA is a compact and economical optical amplifier. Just put light into it, and it amplifies it up to a factor 100. The spectral properties of the master laser are preserved. The BoosTA includes computer controlled integrated electronics, and all optics for accepting a collimated and linearly polarized input beam. Custom optics and good thermal management guarantee best performance.
Wavelength coverage of TOPTICAs BoosTA systems.
|Center wavelengths||645 .. 1083 nm*|
|Max. power||0.25 .. 1.5 W|
|Coarse tuning||15 .. 70 nm|
|Typical mode-hop free tuning||Depends on master laser|
|Typ. Linewidth (5 µs)||Depends on master laser|
|Polarization||Depends on master, typ. linear > 100 : 1|
|ASE background||Depends on master laser|
|Beam quality M2||< 1.5 (< 2.0 for some higher power chips)***|
|Divergence||< 1 mrad|
|Beam height||53.9 mm|
|Optical isolators||Input: none, Output: optional 30 or 60 dB|
|Fiber coupling||Input: optional****, Output: optional|
|Fiber coupling efficiency**: min. (typ.)||50 (60)*** %|
|Control electronics||Integrated into laser head + external supply|
|Frequency mod. option||-|
|Intensity modulation option||-|
|Environment temperature: Operating / transport||15 - 30° C / 0 - 40° C|
|Environment humidity||Non condensing|
|Operating voltage||100 - 120 V / 220 - 240 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz (auto detect)|
|Power consumption||Typ. 35 W, Max. 300 W|
|Size head (L x W x H)||312 x 100 x 85 mm3|
|Size electronics (L x W x H)||179 x 175 x 70 mm3|
*Spectral coverage with gaps.
**With TOPTICA's FiberDock, isolation required.
***With suitable TOPTICA master laser.
****Requires linearly polarized light from FC/APC PM fiber.
Specifications are subject to change without further notice.
Available wavelengths and output powers can be found in TOPTICAs tapered amplifier stock list. Please enquire about the actual power from BoosTA.
Options & Related Products
Options & Related Products
|Isolators are used to protect the laser diode from back reflections. This not only prevents damage to the diode but also ensures untroubled single-mode operation and tuning. Fiber coupling with angle polished fibers (both ends) requires at least a single stage isolator.|
|Double stage isolators are needed if reflections from the experiment into the laser are expected. Fiber coupling with non-angle polished fibers also requires a double stage isolator.|
|TOPTICA's patented fiber coupler provides highest single-mode fiber coupling efficiencies, easy alignment and at the same time highest stability. TOPTICA additionally offers a wide range of single-mode and polarization maintaining fibers, including fiber-optic beam splitters. Optical isolation is mandatory for fiber coupled diode laser systems. For BoosTA, FiberDock is available for input and for output fiber coupling.|
- TA pro: The integrated MOPA solution – ultra stable and easy to use with the highest powers available
- DLX 110: High power diode laser around 765 nm or 780 nm
- DL pro: pro series ECDL with four standard wavelengths with exceptional AR coated laser diodes
- DL 100: Economic Littrow type ECDL in modified Hänsch design
- DL 100 / pro design: pro series ECDL with any DL 100 diode from 370 nm .. 1770 nm
- DL DFB: Diode laser with wide mode-hop free tuning and slightly broader linewidth
- Frequency converted diode lasers for all other wavelengths
- AR, FP, and DFB Laser Diodes and tapered amplifier chips
- Numerous Photonicals, tools and helpful equipment for working with lasers, for example Fabry-Perot Interferometers, Wavelength Meters, …