Magneto-Optical Trap (MOT)
Create your own laser cooled atomic cloud
TOPTICA Photonics AG – key supplier of lasers, locking electronics and spectroscopy units for laser cooling experiments – offers now in cooperation with ColdQuanta Inc. the first commercial MOT kit.
A magneto-optical trap (MOT) – the most popular laser cooling and trapping setup – requires a vacuum system with optical access that contains the atomic species to be trapped and a magnetic quadrupole field.
All this is now available in a compact setup. Together with narrow linewidth, frequency stabilized TOPTICA lasers (TA pro, DL pro, DL DFB), spectroscopy modules and locking electronics, a running MOT can easily be realized.
Laser-cooled and trapped atoms are modern instruments for high precision measurements, fundamental research and student education.
To show the beauty and the compactness of the setup, a live rubidium MOT will be presented at the LASER World of Photonics show 2011 at the TOPTICA booth B1.117.
Available products are:
- miniMOTTM: Revolutionary small vacuum system with glass cell, ion pump and rubidium dispenser.
- Excellent optical access
- Welded vacuum chamber assembly
- Compact footprint (8.5”x4.5”x5.125”, 216x114x130mm3)
- Integrated electronics and mounting hardware for vertical optics
- miniMOTTM + Coils: miniMOTTM + mounted anti-Helmholtz coils for the generation of the required magnetic quadrupole field
- miniMOTTM kit: miniMOTTM + coils + optics, opto-mechanics and camera to set up a complete MOT. Just add frequency stabilized lasers to create your own laser cooled and trapped Rb cloud
Lasers + references kit: DL pro/TA pro + CoSy + wavelength meters – all needed lasers, spectroscopy units and locking modules to complete the MOT set-up
- 110520_PR_MOT.pdf191 K