06. July 2017
About the Company
TOPTICA develops and manufactures high-end laser systems for scientific and industrial applications. Our portfolio includes diode lasers, ultrafast fiber lasers, terahertz systems and frequency combs. OEM customers, scientists, and over a dozen Nobel laureates all acknowledge the world-class exceptional specifications of TOPTICA's lasers, as well as their reliability and longevity.
Founded in 1998 near Munich (Germany), TOPTICA has become one of the leading laser photonics companies by aiming for and consistently delivering high-end specifications. TOPTICA's diode lasers are appreciated for excellent coherence, wide tuning range and ideal beam profiles.
With "A Passion for Precision" TOPTICA's 230 employees take pride in developing customized systems. In close collaboration with several universities and institutes, the latest scientific discoveries are frequently incorporated into commercial products. With a global distribution network, TOPTICA provides exceptional service worldwide.
Over the past decade TOPTICA has grown the capabilities of its worldwide locations to include product design and manufacturing, applications and technical support, and customer service in addition to their traditional sales roles. In continuation of this effort our US office in Rochester, NY is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Service Manager.
About the Job
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Service Manager (m/f)
This position will work as a highest level application & product specialist for very dedicated scientific and industrial communities, assuming an important role within our team in North America. They will provide our customers with consulting and technical support, interacting directly with them as needed in an advisory or hands on role. They will coordinate TOPTICA’s North American customer support, drawing on the existing resources of the organization and as needed will grow and manage the service department in order to maintain the highest level of support for our customers. This position is located at our headquarters in Victor, NY. The role will require minimal travel within the U.S. and Europe to account for not more than 10% of their time.
- Primary tasks will be related to answering customer generated service requests and coordinating service activities.
- Provide remote technical support and training to the customer as well as guidance to the TOPTICA team in North America.
- Meet TOPTICA’s level of support, service and dedication objectives dealing with all issues from a customer satisfaction perspective.
- Coordinate formal and contractually relevant communication to designated customers, per company policy.
- Report market needs, based on customer communication, to allow product development and enhancement.
- Report service and quality related statistics on a regular basis.
- Increase responsibilities as well as depth and breadth of tasks commensurate with competency level and technical expertise acquired through professional experience on the job.
- Perform training, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and support services for TOPTICA products in North America, both with customers and co-workers. Train new users and co-workers in the use of available equipment and techniques, and provide support for current users.
- Provide technical support during product demonstrations and workshops.
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the TPI sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications. Directly contact the customer when necessary.
- As required by our ever-growing install base, hire and train additional personnel and manage the service organization to maintain the highest level customer support.
- Coordinate closely with the service team in Munich, Germany, traveling there yearly.
- In order to maintain close ties to the products and community travel to customer sites 2-3 times per year for support, on-site service, or installations. Total travel should not to exceed 10%.
- Timely trip, service and expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual should have a hands-on background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Optics, or related field
- Extensive hands-on laser experience.
- Strong ability to communicate.
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
1286 Blossom Drive
Victor, NY 14564
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897