06. July 2017
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of industrial applications related to biophotonics, semiconductor test and measurement, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest photonics challenge beyond the commodity product and customers have a challenge to meet, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested?
Strong contacts to the community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology challenging the customers to improve their products and growing their business.
We are looking for laser and application experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same “Passion for Precision” that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 15 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
About the Job
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package. This position is ideally located Rochester, NY with consideration for other areas east of the Mississippi.
OEM Sales Leader (m/f)
The OEM Sales Leader is a key senior level sales position within the TOPTICA organization in North America and will have influence at a global level.
The primary focus will be to grow our team and business in the OEM and industrial marketspace. This includes biophotonics, semiconductor and other market spaces. In addition the OEM Sales Leader is responsible for bringing relevant product/process improvement ideas to the TOPTICA team which will allow the expansion of the industrial product offerings. If a viable business case is identified the OEM Sales Leader may drive the business case for the continued growth of the US Subsidiary. This person will be instrumental in growing the OEM team and cultivating the future team for our OEM team in North America.
- Penetrate new Industrial and OEM accounts and further penetration in to existing accounts in the eastern part of North America.
- Focus on the sales and support of the products of TOPTICA to customers in North America, east of the Mississippi. Visit potential customers in North America and convince them about the quality of the TOPTICA products and the excellent customer service of TOPTICA. Achieve orders to meet the target given in the budget of TPI.
- Gain indepth technical knowledge of all TOPTICA OEM products as well as gain an overview of all TOPTICA products.
- Work closely with the Director of OEM Business Development as well as the applications groups in North America and Europe to ensure successful growth.
- Report to and work hand in hand with the Director of OEM Business Development based in the TPI California office.
- Work with the president of TPI to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions of TPI to drive and grow the North American business.
- Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities specifically in North America.
- Should enter with a proven track record for establishing, selling and closing OEM business.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
The OEM Sales Leader should have extensive experience working with a variety of laser and optical systems. Ideally using diode or ultrafast fiber lasers. Excellent written and verbal communication is critical as are strong computer skills. Significant travel, sometimes on short notice, is a large part of the job. The OEM Sales Leader should be self-motivated to achieve all of these goals and be able to do so largely independently.
This individual preferably has a background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, optics, electronics or similar experience, Masters or higher preferred.
- Hands-on laser experience
- Strong ability to communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Ability to understand customer needs and challenge them to consider benefits of superior technology
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Confident with the ability to influence from a the technology standpoint
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time in North America and Germany
- Ability to identify customer challenges, act as a consultant and provide solutions to those challenges
- Good time management, with the ability to be independent and self-starting
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
1286 Blossom Drive
Victor, NY 14564
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897