06. July 2017
About the Company
TOPTICA is a privately held, technology driven visionary company, which develops and sells diode and ultrafast fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications. The company sets its own annual challenge to continually present exciting product innovations and world firsts.
Since 1995, our lasers and laser-related measurement equipment have been dedicated to serving the forefront of industrial applications related to biophotonics, semiconductor test and measurement, metrology, microscopy, printing, optical disc manufacturing and many other applications.
Whenever lasers need to be matched with the latest photonics challenge beyond the commodity product and customers have a challenge to meet, TOPTICA lasers are the key to success. Whenever wavelengths are to be determined with an absolute precision of better than 10-7, beam wavefronts are given in mλ, or random pulse sequences and lengths are required in ns or even fs scale, TOPTICA lasers are involved.
Why should you be interested?
Strong contacts to the community and our profound understanding of their needs motivate us to push the development one step further and that results in world-renowned diode and fiber lasers with cutting edge technology challenging the customers to improve their products and growing their business.
We are looking for laser and application experts who understand our technology and its potential for customers by matching the technology with their application requirements. Help us to continue to do so in the TOPTICA style of partnership with the customer on an individual level in the sales process as well.
We are looking for people who share the same “Passion for Precision” that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 15 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
About the Job
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package.
Frequency Comb Scientist (m/f)
This position will work as a highest level scientist for very dedicated scientific communities, assuming an important role supporting our team in North America. They will be required to provide our customers with consulting, technical and sales support, and interact directly with them as needed in an advisory or hands on role. In addition to being the scientific connection to the field, this individual will be expected to network and provide market information to the team to develop or enhance our products. This position is located at our headquarters in Victor, NY. The role will require regular travel within the U.S. and Europe.
- Interface with and seek out laboratories and agencies requiring an expertise in the use of frequency combs
- Interface directly with end users to discover the applications and needs related to frequency combs
- Utilize TOPTICA comb technology to solve the needs of the community
- Provide onsite or remote technical support and training to the customer as well as guidance to the TOPTICA team in North America.
- Meet TOPTICA’s level of support, service and dedication objectives dealing with all issues from a customer satisfaction perspective.
- Coordinate formal and contractually relevant communication to designated customers, per company policy.
- Report market needs, based on customer communication, to allow product development and enhancement.
- Increase responsibilities as well as depth and breadth of tasks commensurate with competency level and technical expertise acquired through professional experience on the job.
- Application development including the integration of the TOPTICA combs into customer applications.
- Perform training, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and support services for TOPTICA products in North America, both with customers and co-workers. Train new users and co-workers in the use of available equipment and techniques, and provide support for current users.
- Provide technical support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops.
- Work closely with the field sales personnel on regular customer visits to provide field support.
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications. Directly contact the customer when necessary.
- Timely trip, service and expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned
This individual should have a hands-on background including diode and/or ultrafast lasers.
- Degree in physics, or applied physics or similar frequency comb experience, PhD required.
- Hands-on experience with frequency combs
- Strong ability to communicate
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
Please send your resume, cover letter, and expected start date to jobs [at] topticausa.com
TOPTICA Photonics Inc
1286 Blossom Drive
Victor, NY 14564
Tel. +1 585.657.6663
Fax: +1 877.277.9897